Quick Soaking ChickpeasTime: 3 hours
- Pour the beans out onto a flat surface and sort through them, looking for any rocks and other debris and remove them.
- Put the beans in a large pot and cover with a couple of inches of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot of beans from the heat and cover and let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Put the beans back into the pot and cover with another couple of inches of cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in a bit of salt if you'd like. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain and they are ready to enjoy! You may store in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months.
Recipe: Chickpea SaladAdapted from: A Cedar Spoon's Zucchini Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 20 minutes
1.5 Cups cooked or canned chickpeas
1.5 Cups cooked quinoa
1 medium zucchini, cubed
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
salt & pepper, to taste
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1.5 tsp cumin
1.5 tsp tumeric
1 tsp paprika
1. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
3. Add dressing to the bowl of vegetables and quinoa and stir together until well mixed.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.