I had the opportunity to take a tour of the new store a week before opening with a few other people in the community. We talked to several people from each of the different departments to hear about the high quality products they will be offering and answer any questions we had.
This particular store is a little different than some of the others. It is geared more toward families. Here's a list of some of the unique things you'll find:
- some bulk products for families
- a butter station where you can grind nuts to make your own nut butters
- kids play area near the front of the store
- Saturday Kids Club with activities like cooking, gardening and recycling
- a demo station by produce where cooking demos and classes will take place
There will be a grand opening celebration on Thursday, March 15th. Festivities will begin at 8:00 with a bread breaking ceremony. The first 100 people will get a free baguette and a reusable shopping bag. The Lynnwood High School band will be performing, free coffee, breakfast and lots of samples from vendors will be served. So if you are free on Wednesday stop by and check out the new store. You won't be disappointed.
Here are a few photos I took during the tour I went on last week.