They are surprisingly easy to make and don't take long at all. You just need to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. I just put sea salt on the chips I made but you can put some herbs on them for more flavor. I saw one recipe online that had vinegar on them which I might try doing the next time I make some. They were surprisingly crispy and tasty. Below is the easy recipe I used.
1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the center stem from each kale leaf. Cut kale pieces into desired size. (I cut them in 1-2" pieces.)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. (I used a salad spinner)
- Put the kale in a ziplock bag or bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Shake the bag or toss them in the bowl to evenly coat the kale with the oil.
- Spread the kale in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes, until they start to brown on the edges. (I used 2 sheets) Check on them frequently after 10 minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and/or herbs