Green Ghost Hot SauceRecipe inspired by Deannacat3's hot sauce recipe
- 3/4-1 lb green and yellow peppers (include yellow ghost peppers)
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp lime juice handful of cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brine (1/2 tbsp salt + 1 cup water)
- Roughly chop the peppers, removing seeds and veins for a less hot sauce if preferred.
- Blend all ingredients (except the 1 cup brine) in blender and then pour into glass jars leaving about 1.5-2" space at the top.
- Top with a fermentation lid and let sit for 2 days to allow solids to separate.
- Slowly add some brine to 1" above pepper mixture.
- Let ferment or 2-4 weeks. If peppers float to the top, press them down every few days to avoid mold from forming or use something to hold them down like a fermentation weight.
- Press the chili sauce through a sieve and store the sauce in hot sauce bottles or any glass container for several months in the refrigerator.